The successful applicant will lead on conducting research and market analysis for the BVI’s financial services industry to determine customer needs; benchmarking BVI against its competitors across all sectors; identifying opportunities for growth and diversification; and developing business cases for new legislation and products.
The position also calls for developing and executing short and long term strategic marketing plans for each sector of the BVI’s financial services industry and the jurisdiction as a whole. He or she should have a strong background in developing and executing marketing concepts, preferably from a financial services perspective, with demonstrable successes in formulating strategic and diverse marketing plans, performance measurement and budgeting.
The successful applicant should have in-depth knowledge of the BVI’s financial services industry including the products and the regulatory environment; an appreciation for the BVI’s key competitors in the various sectors and an understanding of the global landscape for international financial services.
- Conducts research and market analyses on emerging trends, customer preferences, and product lines, as well as current offerings and legal/regulatory regimes of competing jurisdictions.
- Conducts research into new and emerging markets to identify opportunities for BVI financial services products and services. Designs and implements a comprehensive marketing strategy in support of BVI Finance’s business objectives.
- Hosts working groups according to sector or product and conducts customer surveys and focus groups to facilitate information gathering.
- Drafts proposals for new products/services, legislation and regulation in collaboration with Government, industry focus groups and marketing team.
- Maintains close working relationships with end-users, intermediaries, and industry members abroad to collect feedback and insights on BVI Financial Services.
- Maintains strong links with the regulator and government officials/legislators including BVI House Asia and BVI London Office to determine needs and requirements of end-users.
- Attends and represents the BVI at conferences and events locally and internationally.
- Effectively manages the marketing team (whether in-house or external) to achieve high-quality marketing output in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Works closely with the public relations function to develop key jurisdictional messages, execute external communications strategies and assist with managing the BVI’s reputation.
- Develops a budget for marketing and business development activities. Monitors and measures the impact of marketing activities and adjusts strategy accordingly.
CORE SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Deep understanding of financial services products and the markets in which they are utilised
- Strong understanding of regulatory issues relating to financial services
- Ability to assess impact and run the necessary analysis to build a business case for new product and market development
- Strong understanding of branding, marketing and promotion
- Strong organisation and research skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial outlook
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Good project management skills and the ability to multitask
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ten (10) years of working experience in the financial services industry in the BVI or similar jurisdiction in a senior role ideally in a business development/marketing capacity supported by an appropriate degree of study in marketing, finance, law, international business, accounting, other industry certifications or other related areas of study.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a Resume/Curriculum Vitae of their relevant experience and qualifications; a cover letter; two personal reference letters; certified copies of identification, citizenship, and academic certifications/diplomas/licenses, along with a police certificate from your place of residency.
All applications for employment must be submitted to the address provided below by the job closing date, 3rd May, 2018.
Mail applications to: Interim Executive Director, BVI Finance Limited, c/o 3rd Floor, Commerce House, Road Town, Tortola VG 1110 British Virgin Islands or send by email to: email@example.com