As the BVI International Arbitration Centre sets out to become the regional centre of choice for arbitration, it will host the second BVI International Arbitration Conference under the theme Raising Our Gaze: Arbitration the Next Horizon.
The conference will be held from 27 May – 2 June and features a keynote address by Sir Charles Michael Dennis Byron, President of the Caribbean Court of Justice along with an exciting variety of events, presentations, lectures and panels from an all-star roster of international experts.
The conference features the following key presentations and sessions:
• Building an Arbitration Culture in the Caribbean and Latin America.
• Arbitration: Enforcement vs. Sovereign Immunity – a Clash of Policy
• Breaking the Mould: Is Arbitration Becoming Truly International?
• Deliberate Diversity: A New Model for Arbitration.
• Third party Funding – Evolution or Revolution?
• Getting into the Game: How to Build an Arbitration Practice
• Conduct of Arbitration
• The perfect Arbitrator; a Client, Arbitrator and Centre Perspective
• The BVI IAC and the London Centenary Principles.
This must attend event is designed for anyone with an interest in international arbitration in the BVI. With this in mind, the programme has been intentionally pitched to be of interest to persons and practitioners with a keen appreciation and knowledge of international arbitration while also targeting those who are new to the space. We see the conference adding to the continuum of knowledge and experience.
To register for what will surely be an exciting conference week, click here.