The British Virgin Islands prepares to celebrate this year’s Financial Services Week under the theme, Globalisation: BVI Beyond from November 12 to 19.
The flagship week of events commemorates the BVI’s revolutionary role in the financial services industry and the advancements that it has contributed towards the economic development of the territory.
BVI Finance CEO, Elise Donovan stated that this year’s theme, Globalisation: BVI Beyond, focuses on recent global events and their influence on the future of international financial centres like the BVI. She also explained the importance of celebrating the upcoming week, noting that the financial services industry contributes to about 60 percent of Government's revenue.
Highlighting that the Premier and Minister for Finance, Dr. the Honourable Natalio Wheatley will open the week with an official address, Donovan encourages everyone to take advantage of and participate in all the Financial Services Week’s events to learn and celebrate the advancements that continue to contribute to the vitality and development of the BVI.
The week of events are as follows:
• Friday, November 11- Virtual Opening Address by Premier Dr. the Honourable Natalio Wheatley on the BVI Finance Facebook page at 3:00 p.m.
• Saturday, November 12- Hike Tour with Hike BVI to Fort Charlotte at 6:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, November 15- Globalisation: BVI Beyond Conference at the BVI International Arbitration Centre from 7:30 a.m. to 12 noon.
• Tuesday, November 15- The Great Debate, the Industry versus HLSCC Debate Team at U.P.’s Complex at 7:00 p.m.
• Wednesday, November 16- A Special Edition BVI Finance Breakfast Forum at the BVI Finance Conference Room at 8:30 a.m.
• Thursday, November 17- Jeopardy Game Night at BVI Finance Conference Room at 6:00 p.m.
Persons or agencies interested in partnering with BVI Finance are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on participating in the FSW events visit bvifinance.vg
For further information, please contact:
Marketing and Media Relations Coordinator
email@example.com |Tel: 284-852-1957